If there is anything that can match chicken in its ubiquity, it has got to be a potato. Potato is not just present everywhere, it is a hot favorite among the vegetarian folks. What makes potatoes unique is their richness in nutrients apart from a defined taste. Potatoes can easily make any recipe brighter but when it comes to recipes that are dominated by potatoes, hands down there is no comparison whatsoever. In the recipe we are going to discuss in this write-up, we seek to combine potatoes and cheese to make what has been known as Cheese Bites. These bites are going to make your day. So without much lauding, let us see how these bites are brought to your platter.
The time required and other small details
This recipe falls into the category of easy recipes so it is going to be easy on you. But do not be mislead into judging that it makes for just another snack, these bites are going to affect in all the best ways of this culinary world. Mashed Potato Cheese Bites would require a total time of about 50 minutes. Out of this time, about 10 minutes are to be dedicated to preparation. The final yield would be a satisfying serving of 25 bites.
The things that would be required
A tidy list of ingredients comes with this recipe. This list has to be fulfilled in order to bring about the cheese bites on your platter. Let us see what that list is:
- 4 cups of vegetable oil
- One and a half cup of breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons of chives, chopped
- A large egg
- A ¾ cup filled with cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 slices of bacon
- Half a cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- A pouch of your favorite mashed potato mixture
When these items are ready, proceed with the process for cooking.
The process for cooking
It is highly recommended that you stick to the steps that we have listed below in order that the final recipe is near perfection.
- Your mashed potato mixture is provided with pack instructions for cooking. Use those instructions to cook it with butter and milk. Allow the final composition to come down to the room temperature.
- Go on to cook bacon until you find it crispy. Keep this aside for cooling. Once cooling has occurred, crumble the bacon as you render it into bits.
- Grab a big bowl and it combines bacon bits, chives, egg, cheese, and potatoes. Mix the contents thoroughly. Carve the mixture into small balls with your hands. Bathe these balls in the breadcrumbs. Keep the yield aside for about 15 minutes.
- Heat your oil in a big pot. Having checked the oil, place balls on it. Go on to fry the balls until they appear golden. Drain excess oil using paper towels.
- Use some more chives for the purpose of garnishing before serving.
Thus, your cheese bites are ready. You must try this easy recipe today. Happy frying!